Friday, August 8, 2008

Strange

A couple weeks ago I made a post on a message board about a kid named Ben Underwood who is blind, but sees through echo-location. Today, I noticed that With Leather had a post about the same story (from 8/6).

But the thing that caught my eye was when Ufford said, "This week's People Magazine profiles Ben Underwood . . ."

It was odd because it was not this weeks People, but People from July 2006, and happened to be the same article I linked to in the message board post.

I just found that odd. I am not an attribution whore, it was merely a post on a message board. After my post, it showed up on SI's Hot Clicks, and went from there. But the important thing is that the story is getting out. Because the story is pretty fucking incredible.

Note that the follow-up is not so heart-warming. His cancer has come back.

No comments: