Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Worst Day Ever?

Last night around 6:30 I bought a chicken sandwich from 7/11. Yada, yada, yada, at 3:30 a.m. I was at the local 24 hour Giant picking up a bottle of pepto bismal. I chugged half the bottle before I was finally able to get an hour and a half of sleep. Upon waking I still felt like shit, and chugged the other half of the bottle, and feeling half dead, with a stomach still doing flip flops. Thankfully, for my second day of work, I was able to sit in a couple meetings where there was no way in hell I could be expected to understand what was going on. The pepto did its job and I was able to focus on not falling asleep.

Now, I am exhausted, still feel like shit because the pepto is working too well (probably should not have drunk the whole bottle), but the Bar is tantalizing me with promises of scores being released. At first I thought "late afternoon" would mean four-ish, but as late as six. It is now after six central time and have come to the realization that we are dealing with lawyers here. "Late afternoon" probably means "late after noon," such as 11:59 p.m. I'll give them a couple more hours. Then I need my sleep (though I will likely wake up around 2, feeling not so goodish).

3 comments:

nicolle said...

yeah...i've been frazzled and obsessively reloading ibaby for hours now. GRRRRRR.

good luck, and feel better.

Agamemnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Agamemnon said...

Hey, thanks for commenting. I did not even realize you had left comments. Apparently I did not have e-mail notification on.

Thank you. And congratulations to you. (and, oddly enough, your blog is blocked where I worked.)